What you will need to do after your Tattoo
AFTERCARE OF YOUR TATTOO
- Remove bandage/plastic wrap and wash with warm water and mild soap. DO NOT REBANDAGE. Clean the tattoo 1-2 times a day during the healing phase.
- Apply a thin layer of Tattoo Appointment or Aquaphor 3-4 times a day for the next week. After the tattoo is fully done peeling use a non-scented hand lotion until skin is no longer dry and ashy and returns to its normal condition.
- STAY OUT OF SUNLIGHT/TANNING BEDS until the tattoo is fully healed. I recommend 2 weeks before tanning or direct sun exposure on the tattoo. Excessive sun exposure on tattoos (especially in the healing phase) with no sun protection or covering will cause tattoos to age more quickly over time and will lighten the saturation and boldness in a tattoo. If you work outside for a job and get a tattoo in the warmer months. I suggest wearing a covering to protect your tattoo until it heals. DO NOT APPLY SUNSCREEN ON A FRESH TATTOO.
- DO NOT SOAK TATTOO IN A TUB, SAUNA, JACUZZI OR GO SWIMMING while your new tattoo is healing. Showers and running water are fine.
- DO NOT PICK SCABS ON A HEALING TATTOO, THIS CAN CAUSE SCARRING AND FALL OUT. If you plan on going back to the gym and workout, I suggest wearing a covering until your tattoo heals to prevent staph or any bacterial infection from happening. If you compete in a contact sport or take self defense classes, I suggest returning to classes/training once your tattoo is no longer sore. FAQ (Sweating is a natural function and does not cause any harm to your tattoo)
- Your Tattoo should heal in 2 weeks. Consult a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: redness at site, green/yellow discharge (foul smelling) and/or fever.
Should you have any problems or questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org